Still looking for reasons to get AR integrated into your jewellery business? We list our top 4!
Back in the day, Snow White’s evil stepmother had to go to a magical mirror to take a look at whether her visions would come true or not. But since “mirror, mirror on the wall” is perhaps too good to be true, we rely on tools like Augmented Reality to give us a glimpse into the power of visions – visions that let you try things on from the comfort of anywhere and anytime and are rapidly causing to transform the way we shop.
In recent years, online jewellery shopping has become increasingly popular due to its convenience and ease of access. However, there is still a challenge when it comes to online jewellery shopping – customers can’t physically see, touch or try on the products before buying them. This is where augmented reality (AR) comes in. AR has the potential to revolutionize the way we shop online by providing a more immersive and interactive shopping experience. In this blog, we will explore the reasons why augmented reality is important for the future of online shopping.
- Enhanced Visualization: One of the main advantages of augmented reality in online shopping is its ability to enhance visualization. With AR, customers can use their smartphone camera to place virtual objects in their real-world environment, giving them a more realistic view of the product. This means they can see how the product looks, feels, and fits in their home or on their body before making a purchase. This will help customers make more informed buying decisions and reduce the risk of returns.
- Improved Engagement: Augmented reality can also improve engagement between the customer and the product. Instead of looking at a static image or video, customers can interact with the product in real time, making it easier to see the features and benefits of the product. This will make the online shopping experience more enjoyable and memorable, increasing the chances of customers returning to the site.
- Personalized Experience: Another benefit of AR is the ability to provide a more personalized shopping experience. With the help of AR, retailers can create virtual fitting rooms, allowing customers to try on clothes virtually, and see how it looks on their body. This personalized experience can lead to a more satisfied customer, as they will be able to see how the product looks on them, without actually trying it on physically.
- Increased Sales: Finally, augmented reality can help increase sales. By providing a more immersive and interactive shopping experience, customers are more likely to make a purchase. This is because they will have a better understanding of the product, and the benefits it can offer. In addition, retailers can use AR to upsell or cross-sell products, by suggesting complementary items based on the customer’s preferences and previous purchases.
Here are some exciting stats that only go to show why AR is the future of online jewellery shopping:
- A study by Retail Perceptions found that 61% of shoppers prefer to shop at stores that offer augmented reality experiences, and 40% of shoppers would be willing to pay more for a product if they could experience it through augmented reality. (Source: Retail Perceptions)
- A report by Gartner predicted that by 2022, 70% of enterprises will be experimenting with immersive technologies, such as augmented reality, for consumer and enterprise use, and 25% will have deployed them to production. (Source: Gartner)
- According to a study by Interactions Consumer Experience Marketing, 72% of consumers who have experienced augmented reality shopping say they will shop more often and 61% say they prefer retailers that offer AR experiences. (Source: Interactions)
- A report by Shopify found that products with 3D and AR experiences have a 94% higher conversion rate than products without them. (Source: Shopify)
- A study by Houzz found that adding AR to their app resulted in an 11x increase in user engagement and a 2x increase in sales conversions. (Source: Houzz)
- In a case study, IKEA found that customers who used their AR app were 11 times more likely to purchase than those who didn’t. (Source: IKEA)
In conclusion, augmented reality has the potential to revolutionize the online shopping experience by providing a more immersive, interactive, and personalized shopping experience. By using AR, retailers can enhance visualization, improve engagement, provide a personalized experience, and ultimately increase sales. It’s clear that AR is the future of online shopping, and retailers who embrace this technology will have a significant advantage over those who don’t.
Looking to get started with Augmented Reality for your jewellery brand? We can help!