Search engine optimisation i.e. SEO is the practice of affecting the visibility of a webpage or a website in the search engine’s unpaid result. It is the process of increasing the quality & quantity of the web traffic through non paid results also known as organic.
Through SEO, the company can understand customer’s problem & the term they use when they are looking for a solution online. It is more about the knowing what people are searching online, the answers they are looking forward to, mainly it about the words that they are using & the content they wish to consume. The traffic that the search engines has can be extremely powerful for a business as there are “very specific” “high Intent” traffic.
What are organic search results?
Organic search results are the web page listings that most closely match the user’s search query based on relevance, also known as natural search results.
Importance of SEO :
- SEO provides reliability
- SEO brings relevant traffic
- SEO provides insights of your customer’s perspective & the way they think
Is SEO necessary?
If your brand or business desires to attract new customers through search engine, then SEO ought to be essential for digital marketing strategy. A well carried out SEO will make sure your website gets relevant traffic at the right time. It also means that a well-executed SEO will be helpful in identifying the terms people are searching for also known as the “Keywords” that you want your website to rank for in search engines like google.
Factors that you need to keep in mind before determining Keywords:
- Keyword Search Volume: The more people there are searching for a keyword, the bigger the audience your business stands to reach, at the same time if no one is searching for a keyword or a phrase, optimising for it won’t help. Thus it is vitally important that you research search volume & make sure your keywords will drive traffic
- Keyword Relevance: The relevance of a keyword to the subject matter on the page is positively the most important factor in keyword choice. Make sure the keywords you’re trying to rank a specific page for match the content on that page.
- Keyword Competition: In SEO this means understanding the relative competition for specific terms. The best way to find out who is ranking for keywords of your choice is by doing a Google search for them with personalization turned off and seeing the results.
- Keyword Intent: If your intent is to encourage a conversion, you may want to include calls to action in the key phrases for which you will optimize that specific page. If you want a user who is at the beginning of their research process, a different, broader or less action oriented phrase should be used.
Does SEO really matter?
Lastly, Yes!SEO does matter if your business depends on attracting potential customers online. It is not the only aspect to be considered though but if you want that people search in google to find your business then obviously SEO matters. An effective SEO will create a steady stream of enquiries & will make sure your business can target its ideal customers. The overall effectiveness however depends on having good strategy along with high quality execution.
Also, Check our recent blog on E-commerce is mandatory in the era of digitalisation
Made in India