One of the most interesting technologies in the digital space is Augmented reality. You can augment what you see by adding digital content to real-life objects captured by a camera in real-time through AR. According to one survey, the AR market share worth will be $70 billion to $75 billion by 2023. AR is expected to take the lion’s share of the market. By 2021 there will be more than one billion users of augmented reality around the globe. Augmented reality is the future of the jewellery industry and it is lining up to be the next big opportunity for those industries who are fast enough to grasp it.
Augmented reality has found a strong foothold in the jewellery retail as well. Businesses are using this technology to provide a new level of interaction between the customers & their products, either online or in-store. Augmented reality provides the shoppers with instant product information and the consumers can compare with other retailers when they point their mobile phones, which allows them to set a preference for their requirement.
Did you know you can grow your business with the help of Augmented Reality & Virtual try-on with Plushvie?
Let’s discuss how augmented reality works:
Augmented reality browsers enrich your camera display with contextual information. It turns the environment around you into a digital interface by placing it in the real world.
To work, it needs the following components:
- Registration Tools: Tools like Unity, Wikitude, ARKit, ARCore, these tools allow a device to define the space where it would place the sensory information or superimpose the objects that should be around the AR user.
- Computer vision: It takes images from the outside world for interpretation and referencing using a machine learning algorithm.
- Depth-sensing camera: The primary camera is accompanied by a second camera whose main function is to map the area in 3D.
- Output device: In this type of display device, users can view the resulting image & video, such as a phone or a computer.
Major technology trends augmented reality can bring in 2021
- 3-D visualization and mapping capabilities.
- Screen-less future
- Visualization of the data will end by becoming seamless
The future of augmented reality is getting evident by each passing day. AR has proven that it can add enormous value for consumers in the shopping journey given that physical retail must evolve. And for retailers, the revenue gains could be huge. No doubt augmented reality is going to rule the tech world in the near future.
Do you also wish to grow your jewellery retail business through augmented reality? Plushvie is the right place to be! Plushvie offers a Real-Time & smooth jewellery Tryon experience online. It is a must-have for every jewellery retailer. Feel free to book your demo now & expand your jewellery retail business across the globe.
Also, read our last blog on 5 Instagram mistakes you should avoid & an interesting tutorial on 4 ways to grow traffic on your website through social media.