Augmented Reality is completely changing the way people buy products. Augmented Reality (AR) holds the potential to transform the world of retail and entirely change a consumer’s shopping experience dynamics. According to Gartner Inc., by the end of the year 2020, around 100 million people were enjoying the benefits of shopping in-store and AR online services. Customers are demanding innovations regularly from the firms for an immersive shopping experience, which is why companies need to bring creative ways consistently to give the customers an unforgettable shopping experience.
According to CRN India, around 47% of people in India are willing to pay extra if they can see the product and maybe try it online with the help of AR technology. Also, it has been reported that the AR industry holds the potential to grow to a $5.9 billion industry, according to EFY Magazine.
The introduction of AR into the e-commerce industry will help the customers to understand the proper details, like the colour or size of the product they want to buy. This AR technology will keep on changing the jewellery industry in unique ways and the firms who voluntarily accept these changes and start incorporating this technology in their companies will have a high chance of succeeding at a competitive level.
Talking about jewellery retail, It is difficult for buyers to decide about what piece of jewellery to buy by just looking at it. The touch & feel that is required while doing jewellery shopping is missing.
JewelTRY is an innovative solution that helps customers choose the right set of jewellery by trying it virtually before making a purchase. AR has completely enhanced the shopping experience of customers by providing them virtual try on.
Some of the benefits that AR provides to the shoppers are mentioned below:-
- Business Efficiency: Most of the shoppers aren’t sure about buying jewellery before they try them on. AR helps the customer fulfil that need by giving them the facility to match the jewellery with their outfits. AR drives interest to interact with a product, allow people to try 10 different jewellery pieces on themselves with a single swipe or click. Thus, it ultimately boosts sales & business growth.
- Social Shopping: People generally tend to ask for their family’s or relatives or a friend’s opinion before they go for a product, which is also very expensive. They can easily share the AR view of the product with anyone. AR can also help in gifting someone. The customer possesses the ability to upload the picture of the person they want to buy the jewellery for and can analyse how beautiful the jewellery looks on them.
- Customer Engagement: AR allows the customer to engage with the different products the jeweller has to offer using their smartphones or laptops, which makes it an intensively personal experience. Companies having AR functions possess a greater chance of convincing the customers to buy the jewellery. This largely improves the overall shopping experience of the customers. According to a recent survey by BusinessWire, around 72% of people agreed that they bought a product they didn’t want just because they were impressed by AR and what it did to their shopping experience.
- Marketing: The customer can view the jewellery from every angle and zoom in or out accordingly with the help of AR. AR provides the customer with an immersive jewellery buying experience rather than a traditional buying experience. This also helps the firm to sell more products when customers understand the true glamour of the jewellery. Every advertising campaign using augmented reality objects will bring top-notch experiences to customers, as well as a deeper knowledge of the product. Thus, a better brand awareness.
- New Products: Earlier, when new products were introduced, companies needed to print new catalogues for their customers. But now, with the help of AR, companies can just add a 3D catalogue of the new products with an image of the new product and its view. This way customers can look at the new products and their prices according to their requirements.
- Data Analytics: Getting the data and analyzing it with the customer’s permission will help the company understand the customer’s demands so they can provide them with a better shopping experience. The data collected can help the company improve their business experience by understanding the mentality of the consumers.
- Customized Shopping Experience: AR allows the user to personalize each product according to their need. This feature goes well with the customers because they can interact with a product in their personalized manner, whether it’s a necklace, a bracelet, or a ring. Each product is unique and requires a certain level of personalization and appearance to catch the customer’s eye.
AR has still not found its way into every industry, but that will change soon considering how different industries are understanding the benefits and the way AR will help in their overall working daily.
- Customers tend to be more loyal to the companies that have already incorporated AR into their customer shopping experience. Customers can’t just buy a product based on the image and reviews. AR allows customers to properly analyze the product before buying.
- The uncertainty of not completely knowing the product leads to customers discarding the carts in the middle of the purchase. AR helps the customers have an immersive experience before buying the item.
- AR adds a certain quality to the brand name which makes them different from their competitors. AR is a frontrunner in attracting potential customers and outdoing its top competitors.
From being just deemed as a cool feature to becoming one of the most important factors for the success of a business, AR has come a long way. Many companies have already speculated about its future and the way it’s going to change the way people shop entirely. There are still many companies that haven’t completely accepted its growth and are sticking to providing the best traditional shopping experience.
AR allows many companies to provide an exceptional shopping experience to the customers. This immersive and innovative experience will help the companies increase their brand value and produce a high customer engagement rate. And it’s not a surprise that the companies who have already invested a decent amount in AR are doing incredibly well in terms of providing an amazing shopping experience and outgrowing their competitors.
Do you also want Augmented Reality for your jewellery business?
Plushvie offers a real-time & smooth jewellery try-on experience online. It is highly recommended for every Jewellery retailer who wants to expand their business and cater to Millennials. Plushvie’s virtual try-on makes a huge difference in the overall shopping or purchasing experience of the end-users. It can be in-store or shopping through a website, Plushvie provides the consumer with a realistic & personalised experience. With Jewel-try integrated for your website or in-store, Consumers will be able to try an infinite number of jewellery and other products no matter where they are at that moment & make the right choice.
JewelTry is made by using Artificial Intelligence in which you can try a variety of jewellery online without any hassle. We have expert developers and designers to give you this flawless virtual jewellery trial online at your comfort with extreme ease. To book your demo or discuss how you can increase your business through augmented reality, visit our website now.