Coronavirus live updates: India reports 3,86,452 new Covid-19 cases, 3,498 deaths in last 24 hours
India on Friday posted a record daily rise of over 3.86 lakh new Covid-19 cases and continued to post over 3,000 deaths for the third consecutive day, as per Union health ministry data updated at 8 am
What are the Symptoms of Covid-19?
Covid-19 affects different people in different ways. Most infected people will develop mild to moderate illness and recover without hospitalization.
What to do if you are suffering from Covid-19 Symptoms?
- Isolate yourself Immediately: Isolation should take place immediately as soon as one feels any one of the above symptoms. Those in isolation need to stay home for at least 10 days after their symptoms begin and until their symptoms have improved and they have been without fever for at least 24 hours without fever reducing medications. In the home, those in isolation should try and stay away from other members of the household.
- Get yourself tested: Call an immediate helpline number & get yourself tested. To collect a sample for this test, a healthcare provider will likely perform one of the following:
- swab your nose or the back of your throat
- aspirate fluid from your lower respiratory tract
- take a saliva or stool sample
Researchers then extract nucleic acid from the virus sample and amplify parts of its genome through a reverse transcription PCR (RT-PCR) technique.
- Monitor your Symptoms: Keep track of your symptoms and if they begin to worsen, don’t hesitate to get medical attention.Not everyone with COVID-19 requires hospitalization. However, keeping track of your symptoms is important since they may worsen in the second week of illness.
- Keep checking your Oxygen & fever at regular intervals: It is very important to keep a track of your oxygen level & also fever. Incase of a very high fever or low level of oxygen, consult a doctor immediately.
A home treatment for mild symptoms
- Get plenty of rest so that the body can fight against the virus
- Stay hydrated, drink plenty of water & other fluids
- Focus on the healthy meals that are rich in vitamins & minerals
- Take steam at regular intervals in case you have cold or cough
- Keep sanitising every now & then
Keep in mind that these suggestions only apply to mild cases of COVID-19 that can be treated at home. If your symptoms begin to worsen, it’s important to seek prompt medical care.
Stay home, Stay Safe